In the spring of 2012, POLLINO founded the POLLINO Agrar subsidiary company in Jazak, municipality of Irig, which begins the upgrading of modern apple seedlings on the southern slopes of Fruska Gora. According to the plan, the plantations will extend to 50 hectares of fertile Fruska Gora by 2020. POLLINO Agrar plans to invest over € 5 million in infrastructure, state-of-the-art apple plantations, modern machinery and warehouses with ULO and DCA technology (POLLINO COLD STORAGE).
The goal of establishing POLLINO Agrar was the development and improvement of Serbian agriculture through the cultivation of the highest quality fruits in fertile fields in Serbia, using modern equipment and mechanization, and applying advanced agro-technical measures acquired through knowledge exchange and cooperation with leading scientific institutes and world companies from the agrarian sector.
The starting points for this idea were the facts that Serbia is rich in fertile land and has signed bilateral agreements with Russia and the EU countries that allow it to have duty-free exports for most agricultural products.
Why POLLINO AGRAR
- Superior equipment and professional approach to the management of our orchards, where we included the best practices and how to manage the business of growers from South Tyrol and other leading European apple production regions, guarantee the highest quality of the final product.
- With the technology for reducing risk that we apply in our production (anti-fouling and drip irrigation systems), we are able to predict the amount of yield, and therefore the quantity of apples for delivery
Why Apple from Serbia
Favorable climatic conditions with exceptional soil quality provide a healthy potential for breeding and production of premium quality fruits that can be fully realized through strong investments in the agricultural sector.
Other advantages of the Serbian market include:
- Free Trade Agreement with the Russian Federation (without customs duties).
- Preferred treatment of Serbian products on the markets of the European Union (without customs duties)
- Excellent climatic and soil conditions
- Close to key markets and a sufficiently developed distribution structure